Sunday, December 26, 2010

My 41st birthday!


Cake from my favorite bakery. Just when I lit my candle, mom and Jan arrived. Shortly after brotherdearest Hans and Benthe joined the party:)


We spent the afternoon talking about baby Ruben. And possibly politics and life in general *grins*


After cake and presents I offered a selection of sweet and salty treats.
(Note to self; next time less snacks before dinner;)


A little before six we walked to the restaurant.


We made it through the snow without slipping! (Okay, so some people miscalculated the depth of the snow, but that was funny:)


First course: Pekingsoup


Second course: one plate serves two people;)


Main course: Jan & Benthe shared Peking platters (duck, pork, chicken and prawns) - Mom and I shared Shizuan platters (beef, pork, chicken and roasted pork) - Hans had a Chinese meatplatter.


My plate (also includes some sate-sauce and a dumpling from Hans) the main course is served with noodles (or rice:)


Dessert: coupe chocolata (mine) and a bananaboat (mom). Jan and Benthe had coffee, Hans had a strawberry/lemon sorbet.


Around 20.45 we stumbled walked back home:)

For some reason Hans wanted to show Benthe a video of that Monty Python sketch of Mr Creosote in the restaurant *grins*. Then I waved goodbye to everyone and I finally had some alone time with my presents!


A calendar from the restaurant;
from mom & Jan: The Adventuress by Audrey Niffenegger, a book by Carry Slee, towels and a skeleton card (it moves!);
from Hans & Benthe: book by Paulien Cornelisse, a science book by Smeets & Haring, a 2011 calender by Peter van Straaten
from Silvia: J2 and CSI coasters (handdrawn!), chocolate (including book) and a flashlight pig \o/

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home