Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On Thursday, January 20 I fell off my bike (See Livejournal / Zie Blog)

Here are some photos of my booboos, which at first sight didn't seem that bad, but gradually got bigger and more painful. :(


Taken right after the accident: a scrape on my elbow (although neither the sleeve of my jacket nor my sweater or shirt were damaged) It doesn't look so bad, right? And here I can still move my arm, even though it hurts like hell. But I figured I could go back to work the next day.


But on Friday my whole body hurt and bruises appeared on my innerthigh where the handlebar landed. I couldn't move my wrist or elbow and after consulting my doctor I was sent to the hospital for x-rays of my arm and hand. They turned out to be not broken and I was told to rest my arm and use ice when needed.


Sadly on Monday I still couldn't use my left arm and my leg also still hurt. Pretty colours though.


This was my arm this morning (Tuesday). Still very painful, but I can move it a bit more (still can't bend it or twist my wrist). I took painkillers all day and hope to go to work tomorrow for some much needed distraction.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1/26/2011 02:58:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, indeed!

I hope you make it back to work...and that you make it back home as well!

 
At 1/26/2011 10:39:00 pm, Blogger BeeLikeJ said...

I didn't know it would hurt this long:(

Going back to work today wasn't my brightest idea, but I survived and got back home safely (took the bus all the way, I'm not cycling yet)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home