Monday, January 11, 2010

The CupCake Experiment PART 1B
After yesterday's failed first effort, I gave the recipe for Plain Vanilla CupCakes another try.

Things I changed:
  • I used real butter instead of margarine
  • I used less egg
  • I used kitchenscales to weigh the ingredients
  • I whisked longer and got fluffier batter
  • I changed the temperature from 175C to 200C


  • Look at my funky new kitchen scales! Mechanical, not electrical. *loves*


    After ten minutes in the oven, they looked like they would grow into actual cupcakes...


    ... but once again I ended up making a mess. Although...


    ... the three in the back turned out to be not bad at all!

    After cooling, only two still looked like cupcakes. The other four all had a soggy center. Next time I will:
  • Mix the bakingpowder with the flour before mixing in the other ingredients
  • Not put as much batter in the front cups and maybe put the whole batch as far to the back of my oven as possible

  • All other suggestions are welcome! I will try another recipe next weekend:)

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home