Sunday, February 07, 2010

The CupCake Experiment
PART 4: Carrot/Walnut CupCakes with Creamcheese frosting
Part 3 was posted in my LiveJournal
I've learned so much these past few weeks I felt ready for a more complicated recipe. I feel much more confident making the batter. I can make the basic batter almost without a thought now. I chopped up the butter before whisking and used less raisins than last time before adding the other ingredients.

I remembered how to chop the walnuts from one of those cooking shows on tv. I'm quite proud I didn't cut myself.


I also managed to shred the carrot without injuries!


I had enough batter for a seventh cupcake.
Not enough space in my oven though. Ahw.


After experimenting for the past few weeks,
I chose to set the oven between 4 and 5 for twenty minutes.
(Receipe says 175C, but according to my oven that's about 210C)


Tadaah!


Ingredients for frosting: creamcheese, powdered sugar,
a spoon of lemonjuice, a drop of vanilla extract and a walnut topping.


Frosting was a little too thin (thanks to very fluid creamcheese) but it tasted delicious! And the inside of the cakes was perfectly cooked; nice and crumbly.
I had another person taste them for the first time; she loved them too - and I'm sure she didn't just say that because she's my mom;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home