Sunday, February 21, 2010

LONG WEEKEND FEBRUARY, day 1:
Amsterdam [Friday, Feb 19]

Parked my bike at the trainstation


Reading on the train (Audrey Niffenegger - Her Fearful Symmetry)


Amsterdam trainstation (has been under reconstruction for years now)


Keizersgracht Amsterdam (on my way to 'Nine Tiny Streets')


Detail ancient cinema Tuschinski

After shopping, I sat down in cinema de Munt for 'Where The Wild Things Are'. At 18.15 I met with brotherdearest and we walked to the Leidsestraat for food.


On our way we passed the side-entrance of the Kalvertoren.


Foooooood: shoarma + cheese (LARGE:). Omnomnom.

After dinner we met Benthe at the cinema for 'The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus'. Amazing film:) We then went to brotherdearest's newly decorated appartment (big sister approves) and I got to spent hours in the bathtub with my book and bubbles from Lush (ma-bar). AWESOME.






Next morning after breakfast I said goodbye to Hans and Benthe

Ahw: brotherdearest was still feeling miserable. Brave smile!


Waiting for the metro to catch a train to Utrecht for the next part of my long weekend adventure.

I already had bought bags full of pressies for myself:

From left to right:
  • Traintickets and moviestubs
  • Triple Chocolate Cookie
  • From American Book Centre: Point It (which was stolen during my trip to London in January)
  • Present for mom from Lush (where I had also bought bathbars for myself and brotherdearest)
  • American junkfood from delicatessen in Amsterdam: Mac&Cheese, CheesePopcorn, Poptarts
  • Wrapped up present for myself from Mail&Female: KamaSutra HoneyDust and a free condom (anyone?)
  • Bag from White Teeth Store: two ultra hard toothbrushes (Koh-i-Noor 795) angelwings and fancy toothpaste
  • From comicbookstore: Buffy The Vampire Slayer S8, Volume 2 + 3
  • Labels:

    2 Comments:

    At 2/21/2010 09:10:00 pm, Blogger ozG said...

    like the hair. Red looks good on u. By the way, what r the initial reactions of Audrey Niffinegger's 2nd novel. I'm really interested. Does it outdo "The time Traveller's wife"???

     
    At 2/22/2010 07:54:00 pm, Blogger BeeLikeJ said...

    Thank you. The Time Traveler's Wife wins because of its unique mix of science and romance. But I definitely recommend 'Her Fearful Symmetry'. I will -eventually- write an extensive review in my libraryblog.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home