Monday, August 30, 2004

At work: new student for internship, bussy with Amaloco-paper.
At home: mum quit her job and now had time to focus on the big move
Diner: chicken-spareribs with pommes parisien, peas and carrots. Dessert: vanilla-yoghurt with peachflavouring (why is it bright orange, it should taste good without the colouring)
Because of the lousy weather and lack of citybus at the right time, we drove the car to the Sneak-preview. Was freezing in the cinema, movie was better than last week (considering that was Jersey Girl, not too hard to beat;)
Back home around eleven.

2 Comments:

At 8/31/2004 04:57:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Judith. This is Mike, your pal over in America :) And I bet you didn't think I'd actually come check this out, did ya?

Since you asked for corrections, there are a couple in this one - though they're pretty minor. "bussy" should be "busy" and "diner" should be "dinner."

Having said that, it's perfectly understandable as-is. Also, a lot of native English speakers would make the same sorts of erros in their blogs simply because it's a "stream of consciousness" kind of writing where the message is far more important than proper spelling/grammar.

So, if I were you, I wouldn't be all that worried about it. In the (never mind how many) years we've been exchanging correspondence and talking, I've never had any problem understanding your English.

Which is, of course, more than can be said for my Dutch :) I'm guessing you still remember my slaughtering of the word "Groningen" the first time I visited you.

 
At 9/01/2004 12:42:00 am, Blogger BeeLikeJ said...

Hey Mike, tnx for stoppin' by:)
I wasn't really worried about my English being unreadable, I know it's not that bad (and indeed way better than your Dutch;-) But as in my original blog, I hate making mistakes, wether it's in typing, spelling or grammar, so I appreciate comments and corrections. I do feel the urge to correct my post now, but not sure if I should, 'cause then your comments wouldn't make any sense;-)
I'll try to keep up with translating my original blog, hope you'll drop in every once in a while!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home