Tuesday, July 28, 2009

DIY job #2: The Windowsill
Ever since I replaced the huge marble windowsill with a smaller plain white one I've been meaning to fix the uncovered window frame. (I had to get rid of the marble to give the radiator underneath a chance of heating the livingroom properly). A former resident had to make a hole in it to fit the original marble, I filled it up with liquid wood before I painted the whole frame. Here are pictures before, during and after my DIY-efforts:









DIY job #3: The tiles in the kitchen
The grout between the tiles on my kitchen-wall looked dodgy. I thought I only had to whiten them a bit, but as it turns out that was a lot more work than I thought. When I cleaned them, following instructions on the tube with the whitening-solution, I found the grout rather damaged underneath the old layer of paint. So I had to fill the gaps first. I als discovered the pipes of the boiler could use a lick of paint. Besides cleaning, sanding and painting I had to do a lot of waiting in between. But I think the result is worth it:


BEFORE


Painted pipes, whitened grout.


Finished!

And just in case you missed it: DIY job #1: The Bookcase

All done now. Back to my favorite vacation-activity: slacking:)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home